Our conferences and events are a chance to hear from, and ask questions in person to, people interested in and affected by aniridia.
The European Aniridia Conference 2020 will be 14-16 August 2020 in London.
Speakers will include experts in child medicine, surgery, vision and life with aniridia. Attendees will make new friends with people who are in the same situation as or have been there previously.
The event also includes the Aniridia Network Annual General Meeting and an evening social.
We also provide a creche for children under 12.
The best part of aniridia conferences is :
- other people, having never met anyone else with aniridia.
- the social sessions worked really well as I find it hard to approach and speak to people I don’t know.
- benefiting from and meeting the speakers, experts in visual impairment, was very helpful for my children with their development and education needs.
- being with others with the same visual impairment – very reassuring and supportive.
- so much information that you can’t easily find it from other services.
- meeting and relating to a group of people with the exact same condition/conditions as myself, and hearing their experiences
Being at there makes me feel
- there are so many opportunities for my daughter out there.
- better informed, part of a great community, more hopeful
- uplifted and proud to be part of Aniridia Network
- really positive and thoughtful.
- positive, connected, hopeful, informed, gave me direction
To people who have not come before I say:
I highly encourage new parents to attend as it gives them a place to express their worries and get more answers than any other service.
come to meet people with same conditions/relations with people with aniridia, consultants/doctors and basically enjoy yourselves. It’s worth coming as it’s interesting, informative and enjoyable.