Our conferences and events are a chance to hear from, and ask questions in person to, people interested in and affected by aniridia.
Conference 2018 was on Saturday 14 April 2018 in London. It ran from 10:00am until 5:15pm with breaks for lunch and afternoon refreshments.
Afterwards there was an optional evening event including transport to a goalball tutorial, social time and pizza at Haverstock School in Chalk Farm.
Review Twitter posts with the hashtag #ANUKconf for reactions at the event.
We live streamed and record the presentations for later publication on YouTube.
You can view the presentation slides (pdf) on your own devices so they are easier to read.
The contents of the delegate pack including the conference and AGM agendas (see below) plus the following inserts, are available here:
- 09:15 Registration & refreshments
- 10:00 Welcome – James Buller
- 10:05 Keynote: Research into possible drug treatments – Dr Mariya Moosajee
- 10:40 Aniridia Network Annual General Meeting
- 11:10 PAX6 research at Liverpool University – Thanos Papadimitropoulos
- 12:00 Lunch & exhibition
- 13:00 Explanation of Access to Work – Geoff Taylor Meade
- 13:30 Visual impairment, depression & mental health services – Dr Ian Petch
- 14:30 Introduction to Nystagmus Network – Sue Ricketts
- 15:00 Refreshments & exhibition
- 15:45 Living with Aniridia – Fern Lulhum
- 16:15 Sleep and eye disease – Dr Iona Alexander
- 16:45 Psychological impact of aniridia – Effie Papadopoulou MSc
- 17:15 Close
- 2018 Annual General Meeting of Aniridia Network. What is the AGM?
- Stands by visiting organisations: Guide Dogs, Nystagmus Network, South East London Vision and Mainline Instruments Ltd
- Doctor consultation desks
- Fundraising and volunteering stall
- Aniridia Network Services and Information desk
- Opportunity to speak to people and families affected by aniridia
- Lunch and refreshments
Prices and booking
- Adult (ages 17+): £21
- Child (ages 0-16): £8.50
- Evening event
- Ages 6 and older: £18 each
- Ages 5 and younger: free as cannot play goalball
Read our Refund policy.