Our events are aimed at patients and their families in the UK.
For people affected by aniridia, the best part of our conferences is:
- other people, having never met anyone else with aniridia.
- the social sessions worked really well as I find it hard to approach and speak to people I don’t know.
- benefiting from and meeting the speakers, experts in visual impairment, was very helpful for my children with their development and education needs.
- being with others with the same visual impairment – very reassuring and supportive.
- so much information that you can’t easily find it from other services.
- meeting and relating to a group of people with the exact same condition/conditions as myself, and hearing their experiences
Being at there makes me feel
- there are so many opportunities for my daughter out there.
- better informed, part of a great community, more hopeful
- uplifted and proud to be part of Aniridia Network
- really positive and thoughtful.
- positive, connected, hopeful, informed, gave me direction
To people who have not come before I say:
I highly encourage new parents to attend as it gives them a place to express their worries and get more answers than any other service.
come to meet people with same conditions/relations with people with aniridia, consultants/doctors and basically enjoy yourselves. It’s worth coming as it’s interesting, informative and enjoyable.
- 5th European Aniridia Conference 31 July – 1 August 2021
- Aniridia Network Conference and Annual General Meeting – Online – 21 June 2020
- Aniridia Network Conference and Annual General Meeting – Birmingham – 1 June 2019
- Aniridia Network Conference 2018 – London – 14 April 2018
- Aniridia Network Meeting – Dublin – 8 April 2017
- Aniridia Network UK Meeting 2016 – Wallington, London – 2016 – 14 May
- Conference 2015 – Newcastle – 26 September 2015
- Conference 2014 – Bristol – 7 June 2014
- Conference 2013 – May 18 – London
- Conference 2012 – Manchester
- Conference 2011 – Birmingham