Aniridia Network UK is a charity run entirely by volunteers. We rely completely on donations to fund our work. All amounts will be very gratefully received.
- Make a one-off or regular donation by credit/debit card or direct debit or donate using PayPal.
- Even better set up a standing order to donate regularly. Contact us to get our bank details and to provide your details if we may claim the Gift Aid.
- To donate by cheque or postal order send one made out to ‘Aniridia Network UK’ to our address.
- You could also remember us in your will.
You can donate a percentage of the proceeds from things you sell on ebay. Just select us as the charity to benefit when setting up your advert. As a reminder and to make it easier in future, add Aniridia Network UK as a favourite charity on your ebay account.
If you want to do an amazing feat in aid of Aniridia Network UK, create your own sponsorship/donation page at Everyclick.
If you are celebrating, maybe getting married or a birthday, and you don’t want to receive presents then please consider setting up such as page and asking family and friends to make a donation on your behalf instead.
A few other ideas are outlined below but you don’t have to choose one of these, let your imagination run wild!
- Sponsored run/walk/swim/cycle/abseil: Take part in a sporting event or organise your own and collect sponsorship money for ANUK.
- Coffee morning: This can be adapted for work, school or just for socialising with friends. Make some cakes or buy some, take them to work and sell them to colleagues to brighten up their coffee break.
- Organise a games night: Some ideas include a bingo night, charity race night, a raffle, charity auction or kareoke competition.
- Baby photo competition: Another great idea for work. ask everyone to bring in photos of themselves as babies or young children. Ask everyone to make a small donation to enter the competition to try and guess who is in each photo. Buy a prize for the winner and donate the rest of the money to ANUK.
- Crafting: Get together with a group of friends and make items to sell such as homemade chrsitmas cards or knitted items. Sell them at school, work or a local event.
- Teddy Bear’s Picnic: A great activity for young children. Charge a small fee to attend the picnic with a teddy, provide food and drink and organise teddy themed games and activities.
- PennyWars: Collect some large see trhough jars or bottles: Give one to each team and ask them to compete to see who can collect the most pennies over a period of a week. Teams can be made from departments at work, classes at school etc. To add extra spice to the competition teams can add coins or notes which are not pennies to rivals jars. These are deducted from the teams total but are still donated adding extra interest to the competition and helping to raise more money.
If you are planning to get fit, stop a habit or attempting an amazing feat this year why not get sponsored for ANUK to do it? If a collection, cake sale or car wash is more you thing then we would appreciate that too.
If you want to get involved contact Fundraising Officer Liz: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07749119114 or 01748 811021
- Find out some of the many useful things you can do to help out.
- We always need people to write articles for our blog .
No special skills are required, you can write about anything you think might interest our members. We always love to hear you personal stories and experiences relating to aniridia. If you are interested in writing for the newsletter please contact us.
- Act as a contact point for your local area.
Not everyone can make it to our annual meeting and many people would like to meet up in between meetings. If you organise a local meet up we will advertise it to members in your area. It doesn’t have to be anything complicated, you could take the kids to the park or meet up for a coffee. New members in your area would also appreciate the chance to meet other people in a similar situation and form a local support network. If you are interested in doing this contact us.
- Aniridia Network UK is run by its trustees. If you are interested in joining the Trustee Board please contact us.