We like to be transparent about how we use the money we receive.
The main ways our funds are spent include:
- organising supportive events for patients, parents and professionals, to share experiences and knowledge.
- grants for research into sight-saving treatments for aniridia and related conditions
- information leaflets: to raise awareness of aniridia and to tell patients and parents about the support we provide.
We are a small organisation and use free tools whenever possible but we still have regular running costs, these include:
- email/print newsletter, website and postage
- travel to meetings events: while we work online a lot, our officials still need to get together sometimes and also go to events to meet peers and receive training or take part in initiatives.
- subscriptions to services and organisations that help us work effectively, such as Quickbooks, JustGiving, Aniridia Europe.
With more funds we would love to do more and do it even better.