The day began with two hours of either or both of these:
- Tandem riding with your family or volunteers from Wheels For Well-being, and/or
- Visually impaired cricket with Change Foundation coaches led by Lois, who has aniridia and captains the England Women’s VI Cricket Team..
These are electronic versions of what was in the printed meeting packs.
Attendees learned about aniridia and related conditions from each other, ANUK and professionals in medical and related fields. They came to discover how those affected by aniridia deal with it every day. They found out all the medical details and the latest advances. Plus they contributed to ANUK by volunteering or sharing their ideas and experiences. Over 70 people were there from all around the UK.
Afterwards many went for a lively social evening.
- Recreational activities
- Presentations from expert speakers
- Charity Annual General Meeting
- Stands by visiting organisations
- Opportunity to speak to people and families affected by aniridia
- Lunch and refreshments
- Social evening
- …and much more
Prices and booking
- Adult (17+)
£20 for full day: morning activities, lunch and afternoon sessions or
£14 for half day: lunch and afternoon sessions only.
- Child (0-16) £8
Ticket price did not include any competition or evening activities. Read our Refund policy.
We need lots of help to make events successful. If you can assist in any way, such as the aspects below, get in touch using the form below. Tasks that need doing include:
- putting out publicity
- wrangling raffle prizes
- assisting on the day
- giving a presentation
Huge thanks to Mary’s friends, family and colleagues for their help in making this event happen
If you would like more information, including a notification of when booking opens, contact our Conference Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07957455524 or fill out this form: