Read details of what our officials, members and supporters did and our finances between 1 April 2019 and 31 March 2020 in the Aniridia Network Annual Report for 2019/20.
The hightlights include:
- Inputted to NICE consultation on guidelines for use of artificial iris implants.
- Contributed to the development of a rare genetic eye disease information website.
- Held Conference 2019 in Birmingham plus meet-ups in London, Edinburgh and Dublin.
- Preparations and fundraising for hosting European Aniridia Conference. then postponed due to COVID-19
- Took part in Cornea Connect and WAGR Weekend UK
- Increased members and social media followers (including of a new Instagram profile)
- Published captioned videos of Conference 2019
- Launched online branded merchandise store
- Gave volunteers gifts of branded hand soap
- Fantastic sponsored fundraising feats
Thanks to great efforts by everyone who helped with these achievements
However, we continue to struggle to do some basic things well and rely too much on a few very active volunteers. We badly need more people to help us achieve our goals. Please volunteer if you can.
The report will be received at the charity’s Annual General Meeting 2020