This year’s Aniridia Day is more important than ever. Given the absence of our usual conference, it’s been vital for us to find another way of connecting aniridia patients with one another, and with those who support them.
We are therefore delighted to announce a special online conference, providing an afternoon of free, informative presentations and discussions about aniridia. Anyone is welcome to attend from all over the world, especially patients with aniridia and their relatives in the UK and Ireland.
We’ve got some fantastic speakers lined up, plus there will be time to ask questions and chat with people also affected by the condition, as we all celebrate international Aniridia Day together.
The agenda includes:
- Open discussion for all attendees
- Dry Eye Disease and Aniridia – Colin Parsloe will talk about the causes and treatments for the gritty sore sensation many feel in their eyes.
- “But you don’t look blind?” – Charles Bloch will talk about challenges and successes at university and finding jobs with aniridia.
- Annual General Meeting 2020 of Aniridia Network – Reports, financial accounts, questions and comments.
- Achievements with Aniridia – Sinead Kane will give a motivating talk about becoming a lawyer, multi-marathon athlete and world record holder with aniridia.
- Success at Aniridia Centre – Dr Natella Sukhanova will show how she has created an effective centre of excellence at the Research Institute of Pediatrics in the Central Clinical Hospital of the Russian Academy of Science.
- Open conversation for all attendees
- Perhaps other sessions, to be confirmed.
So please register now to secure your place. Although we will try to record the sessions and publish them later, we cannot guarantee this. So we highly recommend that you join us live to ensure you don’t miss out. If you have any questions or problems signing up, contact us at email@example.com for help.
Please note that the event is also a substitute for the European Aniridia Conference in London, which has been delayed until summer 2021. More information on that will be provided at a later date.