Read details of what our officials, members and supporters did and our finances between 1 April 2020 and 31 March 2021 in the Aniridia Network Annual Report for 2020/21.
The hightlights include:
- Our income and expenditure fell due to the pandemic
- New information pack sent to 22 parents
- Contributed to design, development, testing and content of Gene.Vision website
- Ran an online event for 70 people around the world in-lieu of a physical UK conference
- Took part in Aniridia Day 2020
- Rearranged the European Aniridia Conference to be an online event, funded by a successful application for €30,000 from the Network Support Scheme of the European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases
- Increased use of Instagram fueled by young aniridics ‘takeover’ for Rare Disease Day 2021
- marketing materials designed and printed ready for future events
- volunteer induction pack created
- trustee retirement by rotation deffered to 2021 from 2020 annual general meeting.
Thanks to super efforts by everyone who helped with all these achievements
However, we continue to struggle to do some basic things well and rely too much on a few very active volunteers. We badly need more people to help us achieve our goals. Please volunteer if you can.
The report will be received at the charity’s Annual General Meeting 2021