To make Meeting 2016 even more useful we invited relevant organisations to have stands at the event. Attendeescould browse.and speak to their representatives during break and lunch times.The organisations below were exhibiting..
- Scientists from Birth Defects Research Centre at UCL Institute of Child Health – recruiting people with aniridia to give a skin sample for research into stem cells.
- Action For Blind People Online Today team help people gain and develop skills to use technology and the internet with confidence.
- Blind Children UK – helps children and young people who are blind or partially sighted to achieve their educational and recreational goals.
- Nystagmus Network – support people with nystagmus and promote research
- Living Paintings – audio that directs your fingers over tactile pictures and describing its features and telling the stories of the images.
- Arts Coach Training – Lynn Cox is a visual impairmed artist and life coach. She’ll be selling tactile/scented greetings cards and tactile drawing packs and donating 30% of each sale to ANUK.
- Partylite – selling scented candles, sticks and sprays and donating 10% of profits to ANUK.