If you have an interest in aniridia and you live in the UK or Republic of Ireland, you should be a member of Aniridia Network UK. It’s free and provides specialised support for you or someone you care for such as a family member, patient or student.
What are the benefits of joining?
- You will gain further knowledge and understanding of aniridia, useful when dealing with situations, for example at doctors, school or work
- You can help others by contributing your experiences and knowledge
- You can also be in touch with other members to get or give friendly personal support.
- And you could be one of our great volunteers, actively strengthening our caring community and authoritative resources
Plus you will:
- receive our email updates to hear about our meet-ups and other aniridia related information via our mailing list.
- have access to news articles that non-members do not.
- get an personal invitation to our conference and meet-ups which include:
- professional speakers
- question and answer sessions
- time for private or group discussions
- socialising with other members
- be able to vote at our meetings and stand in elections to decide how our group is run.
How do I join?
All the information we ask for is so we can provide you and others with the most useful services possible. If your contact details change please let us know. We will not share your details with any other organisations.
What if I don’t join?
If you don’t want to be a member, we would appreciate feedback so we can consider the reasons. Would donating or fundraising suit you better?
Non-members are welcome to follow us via this website, our Facebook page and Twitter. You can also join the Aniridia Network International Yahoo group. But you will not be able to use our other services. You can join at any time.
How else can I help?
To provide our services takes time and effort. Please volunteer to do something to help us out..
More funds would enable us to produce hardcopy resources, hold additional events and travel to work with people more effectively. It would help us greatly if you could send us a donation (regularly). All amounts will be very gratefully received.
You could also help by raising money for us. This could be proceeds from organising an event, selling something or a sponsored activity. Please visit our fundraising page for more information.
I’m do not live in the UK or Ireland, can I join?
Sorry, no. Our meetings are all held in the UK and the information we produce is based around the medical, education and welfare systems in the UK. We make a special case for Ireland as a neighbouring English speaking country. We also allow expatriates who joined whist living in the in these countries to continue members via online channels.
So if you live elsewhere we recommend that you join an aniridia association in your own country. There are also international aniridia organisations. If there is not an association in your country and you live in Europe then the existing European networks may be able to help you start an one.