Aniridia Network UK is a support group and charity for people affected by aniridia: those who have it plus their family, carers, doctors and educator and other support givers.
We want all these people to be hopeful, confident, supported and well informed regarding aniridia.
Our Patron is Veronica van Heyningen, CBE, a highly distinguished geneticist who has done extensive research into the genes that cause aniridia. We have affiliations with organisations relevant to our rare genetic condition.
For information please contact us.
Our vision is that people with/associated with aniridia are hopeful, confident, supported and well informed regarding aniridia. We do this by:
- creating a positive, supportive network of families, individuals and professionals in order to share ideas, experiences and give emotional support
- providing information, particularly to health professionals, patients and their families, about aniridia, the related conditions and their implications for the patient
- providing information on education and the welfare system and life skills relevant to aniridia and related conditions
- promoting research into the causes, effects, treatment and management of aniridia and related conditions and publicising the results.
We aim to be:
- Every person with/associated with aniridia:
- has their own story to tell and something unique to contribute
- can benefit from shared experiences.
- People with aniridia can have a fulfilling life and contribute to society.
- People should have accurate and up-to-date information about all aspects of aniridia
- Everyone with aniridia should receive the best quality: medical, education and welfare services appropriate to their individual needs.
- Medical research and treatments can benefit people with aniridia.